Corporate responsibility is an integral part of our organization. As a vertically integrated company, we have full transparency into our supply chain, and direct relationships with our suppliers.
Our factory and wash house are based in Puebla, Mexico. Family-owned and operated, Hera Apparel has been producing in premium denim for over 20 years, and continues to lead the charge in sustainability and social responsibility.
ÉTICA is spanish for ethical, and our company ethics include the people who make our brand possible. We are committed to exceeding Fair Labor standards, providing our workers with living wages, health benefits and free meals. A living wage ensures workers have enough income to afford a decent standard of living, to cover necessary expenses, such as food, housing, healthcare and education, plus savings for the future.
We also provide safe, ability-inclusive employment to senior citizens and individuals with disabilities.
The technologies employed at ÉTICA provide our workers with a unique path to advancement. The artistry and expertise required to not only operate the equipment, but to create product for this type of production provides valuable experience for the teams. They are technicians. They are artists. They are family.
Our brand, our factory and our suppliers have certifications from governments and coalitions around the world, with regular audits that keep them current. Here are just a few of ours.
- Re/Make Seal of Approval for Environment, Transparency, Labor Rights
- Gold Certification from the Worldwide Responsible Apparel Coalition (W.R.A.P.)
- SMETA auditing and certification from SEDEX, a leader in ethical production and supply chain transparency
- Clean Industry Practices certificate from PROFEPA and the Mexican government’s national environmental audit program, PNAA
- Social Responsibility certificate from the Mexican Center for Philanthropy and the Alliance for Corporate Social Responsibility